From "Chris Williams" <chris_d_willi...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: Solaris 10 and gcc update
Date Tue, 10 May 2005 23:58:44 GMT
Comments in-line....

> Here are my results compiling on solaris 10 with gcc.
> The build line I used was: ant -Dapr.dir=/usr/local/apr
> -Dcppunit.dir=/export/disk10/cppProjects/cppunit-1.10.2 -Dlogchar=utf8
> -Dhas.wchar_t=0
>
> I only got one error which was the following.  I think it might fail
> because
> I am not using wchar_t but I will let someone else tell me if that is
> true
> or not.
>
> [exec] 1) test: CachedDateFormatTestCase::test9 (E)
> [exec] uncaught exception of type std::runtime_error
> [exec] - locale::facet::_S_create_c_locale name not valid
>

>The failure in test9 is likely happening on the following line:
>
>   std::locale localeUS(LOCALE_US);
>
>where LOCALE_US = "en_US".  Do you have any documentation on the names
>recognized for std::locale constructors on Solaris?
I am pretty sure en_US is a valid locale.  I went to the /usr/lib/locale and
there is a en_US directory.  Any other thoughts on what to try??

> When I tried to build without the -Dlogchar=utf8 -Dhas.wchar_t=0
> command
> lines, I got the following link error.
>

> build-shortsocketserver:
>     [mkdir] Created dir:
> /export/disk10/cppProjects/logging-log4cxx/build/debug/shared/
> shortsocketser
> ver_obj
>        [cc] 2 total files to be compiled.
>        [cc] Starting link
>        [cc] Undefined                   first referenced
>        [cc]  symbol                         in file
>        [cc] log4cxx::helpers::UnicodeHelper::encodeWide(unsigned int,
> wchar_t*)/export/disk10/cppProjects/logging-log4cxx/build/debug/
> shared/liblo
> g4cxx.so
>        [cc] log4cxx::helpers::UnicodeHelper::decodeWide(wchar_t
> const*&,
> wchar_t
> const*)/export/disk10/cppProjects/logging-log4cxx/build/debug/shared/
> liblog4
> cxx.so
>
> Any suggestions on what I could do to resolve this?
>

>Those methods have been suppressed since you specified that the
>compiler did not have a wchar_t type with the -Dhas.wchar_t=0.  I
>assume that Solaris gcc actually has a wide character type and you
>could turn it on and the problem would go away.  However, I should
>review shortsocketserver to see why it doesn't build when wchar_t is
>not present.

I got this error when I used the ant -Dapr.dir=/usr/local/apr
-Dcppunit.dir=/export/disk10/cppProjects/cppunit-1.10.2

Looking at the unicodehelper.cc, I'm not sure the __STD_ISO_10646__ is
defined.  I think this is why then encodeWide is not defined.  I did a
search through various header files and the STD_ISO_10646 was no where to be
found.

Thanks
Chris