From Curt Arnold <carn...@houston.rr.com>
Subject Re: New User Question
Date Sat, 30 Apr 2005 04:08:02 GMT
I don't have any personal experience with this scenario and don't
recall it being mentioned before.  Are you using or have you tried the
SyslogAppender?  If you are using FileAppenders, my guess is that the
open files are being closed on the parent process shutdown or child
process start up and the child process does not try to reopen them on a
failure.  Anybody else try this?

Could you specify whether you are using the CVS HEAD or 0.9.7 and the
nature of your configuration?