From "Thierry Lam" <...@pcigeomatics.com>
Subject Lots of user issues
Date Tue, 19 Apr 2005 13:56:31 GMT
I just started using log4cxx version 0.97 yesterday on Windows XP and
I'm experiencing the following issues:

1)

Using log4cxx on Release mode with my cpp codes work fine, but I get
memory leaks on Debug mode.  Any suggestion?

2)

The following (file, line) option doesn't show up properly, I'm
following the example from the
http://logging.apache.org/log4cxx/manual/Introduction.html

Here's what I want: INFO [main] (MyApp2.cpp:31) - Entering application.
Here's what I get:   INFO [main] (:-1) - Entering application.

3)

I can't call the following methods, I get compiled errors:

#define LOG4CXX_DEBUG(logger, msg) ...
 #define LOG4CXX_INFO(logger, msg) ...
 #define LOG4CXX_WARN(logger, msg) ...
 #define LOG4CXX_ERROR(logger, msg) ...
 #define LOG4CXX_FATAL(logger, msg) ...

Instead, I have to call the Logger methods directly.

4)

I'm also having trouble accessing the Source Tree( AnonCVS ) to get the
latest version of log4cxx.  CVS is complaining that 'connection refused'

The following doesn't work:

cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@cvs.apache.org:/home/cvspublic login

password: anoncvs

Any help please?