From Staffan Vilcans <staffan.vilc...@jadestone.se>
Subject Configuring log4cxx using XML
Date Fri, 08 Apr 2005 13:40:50 GMT
1) It seems there is very little documentation on how to configure the
behaviour of log4cxx using configuration files. I had to guess a lot and
look on log4j for clues (and that documentation is just as bad). Anyway,
now I think I have a working file.

2) If I understand correctly as described under "Default Initialization
Procedure" what happens is first it checks for the enviroment variables
LOG4CXX_CONFIGURATION and if that doesn't exist it looks for
log4j.configuration and if that also fails it looks for the files
log4cxx.properties, log4j.properties, log4cxx.xml and log4j.xml in the
current working directory. Ok, I have a file called log4cxx.xml and on
upstart I get
No appenders could be found for logger (root).
Please initialize the log4cxx system properly.

I have tried to enter errors into the file and rename if to see if it's
being read, but it seems like it's ignored. Do I really need to use
DOMConfigurator::configure() ?
I'm running under Fedora 3.

--
Cell: +46 737 282 486