From Dan Dimerman <dimer...@netvision.net.il>
Subject v0.9.7 (static lib) has a few problems on VC7.0 + MFC
Date Wed, 09 Feb 2005 16:20:55 GMT
Hello,

I've been trying to put log4cxx to use on my app with great expectations
due to my past experience with log4j (great package).

I am using version 0.9.7, as a static library. All my modules are static
libraries which are then linked into a single EXE file. No DLLs at all.

First problem seems to be related to some statics initializations: even
before I reach main(), I get ~12
log4cxx::helpers::IllegalArgumentException.

Second problem, on previous attempts, I had a LoggerPtr as a static
member on several classes (as recommended in the docs) but it caused a
problem for classes coming from a library and not the main app.
Something related to the order in which static data is initialized, I
guess. To overcome this, I moved these LoggerPtr to be regular members;
not much of a difference to my app since these were in effect singletons.

Are these known issues? Is there a date estimation for 0.9.8 ?

many thanks,

Dan