From Dan Dimerman <dimer...@netvision.net.il>
Subject Re: Logging Configuration Across DLL Boundary
Date Wed, 09 Feb 2005 00:06:34 GMT
Curt Arnold wrote:

> Could you clarify a few things:
>
> What version of log4cxx are you using, log4cxx-0.9.7 or the CVS HEAD.
> There are a lot of things in 0.9.7 that have been fixed in the CVS
> version (but unfortunately things broken at the current CVS HEAD).  If
> you can see if the problem still persists with the CVS HEAD that would
> be helpful.
>
> Do you have just one executable but it was assembled from object files
> from multiple static libraries?  Does that executable depend on
> log4cxx.dll or are you statically linking log4cxx into the executable?

I am using version 0.9.7.

It's just one executable, that is assembled from several static
libraries. The libraries and the main use log4cxx. There are several
static variables (LoggerPtr) in those libraries, which causes the
already known issue of the "null level" assignment to root.
There is no dependence on DLLs whatsoever. I am statically linking
everything into a single EXE.

thanks