From "Ambarish Mitra" <ambarish_mi...@persistent.co.in>
Subject Apache Log4cxx build fails with gcc 3.3.2 under Solaris 8
Date Tue, 01 Feb 2005 10:35:53 GMT
I do not find any method called subAppend in class ConsoleAppender.

I have searched for wchar defintion in the gcc include paths, and found that
it is present in iostream as:

namespace std
{

#ifdef _GLIBCPP_USE_WCHAR_T
  extern wistream wcin;         ///< Linked to standard input
  extern wostream wcout;        ///< Linked to standard output
  extern wostream wcerr;        ///< Linked to standard error (unbuffered)
  extern wostream wclog;        ///< Linked to standard error (buffered)
#endif
}

But because _GLIBCPP_USE_WCHAR_T is not defined, it is unable to find.

Now, in the code, I did #define _GLIBCPP_USE_WCHAR_T, but then program gave
me the following error:
/usr/local/include/c++/3.3.2/sparc-sun-solaris2.8/bits/c++io.h:44:25: #if
with no expression

I am using gcc 3.3.2 under Solaris 8.
If anybody can guide, it would be helpful.