From Curt Arnold <carn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ODBCppender problem
Date Tue, 15 Feb 2005 16:47:31 GMT
Tim Murison's original message indicated that he was doing a database
query.  There is nothing in the message that indicates to me that he
was using the ODBCAppender for logging.

I haven't used the ODBCAppender or ErrorHandler's in log4cxx, so I
can't offer any help off the top of my head.  I would advise that both
of those facilities are obsolete in the log4j code base and are likely
to be removed from log4cxx (especially if they don't work now).

FallbackErrorHandler and ErrorHandler have been removed from log4j.  I
had hoped to find a thread discussing the rationale for removing this
feature, but was unsuccessful.  I believe that recommended alternative
is to implement a custom Appender that implements your desired
strategy.

I assume that log4cxx's ODBCAppender was based on the deprecated
JDBCAppender in log4j.  It might be attractive to migrate log4j's
DBAppender and implement it using the recently added database
facilities in Apache Portable Runtime.