From Curt Arnold <carn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: MSVC build files not available in CVS
Date Wed, 09 Feb 2005 06:37:39 GMT

On Feb 8, 2005, at 9:37 AM, Drapal, Myron E (Myron) wrote:

> Sounds like it's a work in progress, thanks.  BTW, I did get a message
> from someone about how to use Ant to build this - I tried it, and it
> didn't work.  First off, the build-...-vc6 target does get's for the
> apr stuff, and assumes that you are not using an HTTP proxy (bad
> assumption for those of use corporate users who have to use one).  I
> happened to be at home at the time, so I reconfigured to not use it,
> and got past this.
>
> Everything went without a hitch until the final link step, and then I
> got 41 unresolved externals.  I'll sort through them further today to
> see what files are missing from the build and let you know.

I've modified build.xml so if logging-log4cxx/lib/apr-1.1.0.tar.gz,
lib/apr-iconv-1.0.1.tar.gz and lib/apr-util-1.1.0.tar.gz are present,
it will skip the download attempt and proceed to untar them.  INSTALL
does need to be updated.  If you were getting 41 unsatisfied externals
(especially if they all start with apr_ or apu_), I was guess that APR
was not successful built.  Try dropping the APR distributions in the
lib directory, deleting the subdirectories under lib and try again.