From BUSCHART Rufus SGI <Rufus.Busch...@framatome-anp.com>
Subject AW: Using log4cxx with std::cout under MFC
Date Wed, 09 Feb 2005 07:55:34 GMT
I'm using the 0.9.7 release. I believe the problem is, that the
::log4cxx::StringBuffer oss is not correctly redirected to the std::cout .
Is there a way to set the ::log4cxx::StringBuffer dynamicly?

Thanks,

Rufus

Curt Arnold wrote:
> You didn't mention if you were using the CVS HEAD or the 0.9.7
> release.
>
> If you are using the CVS HEAD, it is a problem that I have observed
> but haven't had a chance to analyze.  The Ant script runs the unit
> tests which are all passing and then compile and run examples/trivial
> and examples/stream which should resulting in log statements
> appearing in the build log, but they don't.  They fail on both
> Windows and Linux, but in different ways and if you build from the
> Visual Studio IDE, the programs work fine.
>
> Since the unit tests pass, my assumption is that the problem is either
> with the BasicConfigurator or ConsoleAppender which is rarely used
> within the unit tests.  You may be able to avoid the problem by using
> a PropertyConfigurator.
>
> I've logged this issue as
> http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LOGCXX-56
>

> On Feb 8, 2005, at 8:00 AM, BUSCHART Rufus SGI wrote:
>
>> Hi Guys,
>>
>> I would like to have log4cxx to send the logging-messages to
>> std::cout. I'm using log4cxx under MS VC++ and have cout redirected
>> to a console window. I do have the following lines in my .h file

-----
Rufus J.W. Buschart                        Framatome ANP

Framatome ANP GmbH
SGI
Freyeslebenstra├če 1
Geb├Ąude 86 / 2014