From BUSCHART Rufus SGI <Rufus.Busch...@framatome-anp.com>
Subject Using log4cxx with std::cout under MFC
Date Tue, 08 Feb 2005 14:00:33 GMT
Hi Guys,

I would like to have log4cxx to send the logging-messages to std::cout. I'm
using log4cxx under MS VC++ and have cout redirected to a console window. I
do have the following lines in my .h file

[...]
#include <log4cxx/logger.h>
#include <log4cxx/basicconfigurator.h>
#include <log4cxx/helpers/exception.h>
[...]
using namespace std;
using namespace log4cxx;
using namespace log4cxx::helpers;

static LoggerPtr logger(Logger::getLogger("ATXImporteur"));
[...]

and in the corresponding .cpp file

[...]
BasicConfigurator::configure();
[...]
LOG4CXX_INFO(logger,"Test");
[...]

I was hoping this would log the message "Test" to the console but
unfortunately nothing happens. Do you have any ideas what to do? Of course
the program compiles and links well and cout << "Test" << endl; works fine
too.

Thanks and best regards,

Rufus Buschart

Rufus J.W. Buschart                        Framatome ANP

Framatome ANP GmbH
SGI
Freyeslebenstra├če 1
Geb├Ąude 86 / 2014