From "Drapal, Myron E \(Myron\)" <dra...@avaya.com>
Subject RE: MSVC build files not available in CVS
Date Tue, 08 Feb 2005 15:37:44 GMT
Sounds like it's a work in progress, thanks.  BTW, I did get a message from someone about how
to use Ant to build this - I tried it, and it didn't work.  First off, the build-...-vc6 target
does get's for the apr stuff, and assumes that you are not using an HTTP proxy (bad assumption
for those of use corporate users who have to use one).  I happened to be at home at the time,
so I reconfigured to not use it, and got past this.

Everything went without a hitch until the final link step, and then I got 41 unresolved externals.
 I'll sort through them further today to see what files are missing from the build and let
you know.

Myron Drapal
drapal@avaya.com
(303) 538-3513

-----Original Message-----
From: Curt Arnold [mailto:carnold@apache.org]
Sent: Monday, February 07, 2005 9:52 PM
To: Log4CXX User
Subject: Re: MSVC build files not available in CVS

The intent was that IDE project files of any flavor would be products
of the Ant script.  Since they are generated files, they shouldn't be
in the CVS but generated during the build process.

It is probably desirable to include Visual Studio 6 project files
within the distributions, however we would need to figure out how to
adapt the log4cxx project file to reflect the locations of the APR
project files, bundle the APR distributions or require the user to
download and untar the APR distributions at the expected location.