From Curt Arnold <carn...@houston.rr.com>
Subject Re: Using log4cxx with std::cout under MFC
Date Tue, 08 Feb 2005 17:37:50 GMT
You didn't mention if you were using the CVS HEAD or the 0.9.7 release.

If you are using the CVS HEAD, it is a problem that I have observed but
haven't had a chance to analyze.  The Ant script runs the unit tests
which are all passing and then compile and run examples/trivial and
examples/stream which should resulting in log statements appearing in
the build log, but they don't.  They fail on both Windows and Linux,
but in different ways and if you build from the Visual Studio IDE, the
programs work fine.

Since the unit tests pass, my assumption is that the problem is either
with the BasicConfigurator or ConsoleAppender which is rarely used
within the unit tests.  You may be able to avoid the problem by using a
PropertyConfigurator.

I've logged this issue as http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LOGCXX-56