From Curt Arnold <carn...@houston.rr.com>
Subject Re: 0.9.8 build issue on RHEL3
Date Fri, 18 Feb 2005 01:21:20 GMT

On Feb 17, 2005, at 4:39 PM, jwert@ilstechnology.com wrote:

> This is a very easy one...
>
> Everything build successfully except the socketservertestcase.cpp file,
> which is missing reference to unistd.h.  I don't know much about the
> ant
> build process, so I'm sure there is some correct place to add it so the
> build remains platform independent.
>
> Thanks,
>
> James Wert Jr.
>
> JWert@ILSTechnology.com

All the files in log4cxx that include unistd.h (datagramsocket.cpp,
inetaddress.cpp, socket.cpp. socketimpl.cpp) need to be migrated to use
of Apache Portable Runtime after which time they won't include
unistd.h.

  APR includes unistd.h in some places, but they are guarded by #ifdef
HAVE_UNISTD.  I assume that you got through the APR build process, so
the APR configure is successfully detecting that you don't have
unistd.h.  Could you confirm that you don't have a
/usr/include/unistd.h?

I didn't where socketservertestcase.cpp included unistd.h, however that
test is currently inactive pending the migration of the network related
targets to APR.  You should be able to #if 0 the whole thing or delete
the whole file without negative consequences.  Please let me know if
that resolves the problem.