From Curt Arnold <carn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: custom appender & .properties file
Date Wed, 12 Jan 2005 23:23:30 GMT
The most likely thing is a problem with the registration of the custom
appender.  There is a lot to be desired in the static initialization of
0.9.7, so you might see if the problem goes away with the current CVS.

The likely problem is either a failure to register your custom appender
in the classes registry, or the registration occurring after a default
configuration has been processed.  Classes are registered in the
expansion of the IMPLEMENT_LOG4CXX_OBJECT macro in
log4cxx/helpers/object.h.  You should have one of these in your custom
appender, if not your class is invisible to log4cxx.  If you do, then
it could be a timing issue.  You might manually expand the macro and
set a break point on the construction of your class instance and also
the default configuration code.  If the default configuration code is
being triggered (at least in the current HEAD), that should because
some other static initializer is trying to log.  Check the stack trace
to see if you can figure out what is triggering the default
initialization.