From "Conway Allen" <Allen.Con...@atosorigin.com>
Subject timezone: TZ not defined!
Date Mon, 24 Jan 2005 14:41:45 GMT
Hello,

Well, I can't get the timezone thing to work at all on my Debian linux (linux 2.2.20, g++
3.3.4, log4cxx  0.9.7). Not only can't I get the logger to output stuff with the right timestamps
but while trying to determine why I have a problem I ran into this strange behaviour...

I write a small program that doesn't use log4cxx at all. It just takes a look at the value
of the environment variable TZ.

If I link with liblog4cxx.so there is a dependency (ldd tells me so - this is perhaps normal...)
and the program tells me that TZ is not set.

If I link without the library (which, of course, is not used by my program at all) the program
tells me that TZ is set.

I can just about live with wrong timestamps, but living with this is a little hard! What is
going on? Any ideas - good, bad, or trivial?

regards Allen