From <thomas.haw...@oocl.com>
Subject RE: How do i load a custom parameter?
Date Mon, 17 Jan 2005 23:05:31 GMT
There's another method you have to override, something like
setOptions(String name, String value).  You compare the name string to
the property name you want to set, and if they match (usually converting
both to upper or lower case), convert the property string to the correct
representation (i.e., make it an int) and assign it.  This can be found
all over the place.

Tom Hawker

Office    408-576-6591

PCS       913-488-0796

  _____

From: Kadarkarai, Prabhakar (Prabhakar) [mailto:prabhakark@avaya.com]
Sent: Monday, January 17, 2005 03:03 PM
To: log4cxx-user@logging.apache.org
Subject: How do i load a custom parameter?

Hello All,

In a custom appender I would like to add few custom parameters and get
it loaded when the appender loads.  I have defined all the parameters in
the XML configuration file like "<param name=3D"Path"
value=3D"drprabhakar-a0/private$/RemoteMSMQ" />". When I am trying to =
load the appender I got the appender loaded but no properties loaded. I
have defined set/get methods in my custom appender file which is shown
below. How do I get this working? Should I need to call any MACRO to get
the parameter loading?

Thanks,

PK

void MSMQAppender::setPath(BSTR pathVal)

{

  this->pathName = pathVal;

}

BSTR MSMQAppender::getPath()

{

   return this->pathName;

}

IMPORTANT NOTICE
Email from OOCL is confidential and may be legally privileged.  If it is not intended for
you, please delete it immediately unread.  The internet cannot guarantee that this communication
is free of viruses, interception or interference and anyone who communicates with us by email
is taken to accept the risks in so doing.  Without limitation, OOCL and its affiliates accept
no liability whatsoever and howsoever arising in connection with the use of this email.  Under
no circumstances shall this email constitute a binding agreement to carry or for provision
of carriage services by OOCL, which is subject to the availability of carrier's equipment
and vessels and the terms and conditions of OOCL's standard bill of lading which is also available
at http://www.oocl.com.