From <thomas.haw...@oocl.com>
Subject RE: 0.9.8 version (poll)
Date Tue, 11 Jan 2005 22:06:41 GMT
Further to the below:

I managed to retrieve a clean drop from CVS and discovered that the MS
Visual Studio files are not correct or are missing.  The workspace file
is present, but the log4cxx.dsp project file is absent.  Further, it
seems that when you compile the dll.dsp project, it references the apr
threading facilities (don't know what those are), which do not appear to
exist in VS6.

Tom Hawker
Office    408-576-6591
PCS       913-488-0796

-----Original Message-----
From: Drapal, Myron E (Myron) [mailto:drapal@avaya.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 11, 2005 01:59 PM
To: Log4CXX User
Subject: RE: 0.9.8 version (poll)

Given the interest in when 0.9.7 can be retired, I tried to get the CVS
tree today, and build it on Windows.  It seems rather broken, looks like
a few files are missing in the current CVS tree and I'm not sure whether
or not they should be there (they are there in the 0.9.7 version).  For
instance:

boundedfifo.cpp, semaphore.cpp, event.cpp(!?),
dailyrollingfileappender.cpp, criticalsection.cpp (and their associated
.h files.

I did a "clean" retrieval using WinCVS from the logging-log4cxx branch -
I also checked the web site version and these files are not part of the
CVS as displayed there.

So I guess I'd answer A) below as -1 -> I can't build it to even test it
yet, sorry.

But I am interested in testing it, so if this is fixed soon, I'll be
looking for it.  Thanks.

Myron Drapal
drapal@avaya.com

IMPORTANT NOTICE
Email from OOCL is confidential and may be legally privileged.  If it is not intended for
you, please delete it immediately unread.  The internet cannot guarantee that this communication
is free of viruses, interception or interference and anyone who communicates with us by email
is taken to accept the risks in so doing.  Without limitation, OOCL and its affiliates accept
no liability whatsoever and howsoever arising in connection with the use of this email.  Under
no circumstances shall this email constitute a binding agreement to carry or for provision
of carriage services by OOCL, which is subject to the availability of carrier's equipment
and vessels and the terms and conditions of OOCL's standard bill of lading which is also available
at http://www.oocl.com.