From Curt Arnold <carn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: timezone: TZ not defined!
Date Mon, 24 Jan 2005 18:11:51 GMT
The timezone handling in log4cxx-0.9.7 was seriously broken (see
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LOGCXX-11,http://
issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LOGCXX-15, and
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LOGCXX-41).  The current CVS HEAD
handles it much better and does not touch the TZ environment variable.
It still need to be brought into synch with recent changes to log4j
(http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LOGCXX-49).

In the current log4cxx CVS, you can specify timezone as a property of
the appender.  In log4j, you can specify an arbitrary timezone as the
second parameter to a %d format specifier, like:

"%d{yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss}{GMT} - %m%n"

I expect that we will migrate log4cxx to this approach before the long
awaited 0.9.8 release.