From "Drapal, Myron E \(Myron\)" <dra...@avaya.com>
Subject RE: 0.9.8 version (poll)
Date Tue, 11 Jan 2005 22:42:01 GMT
Curt,

I had already discovered the APR dependency, and the build is documented
fairly well on the Apache web site, so I was able to get that out of CVS
and build it fine.  I updated the .sln file and have the dll built - I'm
in the process of building my code now to try it out.  Thanks for your
(and others) help on this.

Myron Drapal
drapal@avaya.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Curt Arnold [mailto:carnold@apache.org]
Sent: Tuesday, January 11, 2005 3:39 PM
To: Log4CXX User
Subject: Re: 0.9.8 version (poll)

On Jan 11, 2005, at 4:08 PM, Drapal, Myron E (Myron) wrote:

> Yes, I'm just starting to figure that out...  I'm using the .sln file,
> and the problem is that there are a number of old files that are in
> there andI removed those and now have a whole lot of unresolveds -
> probably the new files.  Thanks.
>
> Myron Drapal
> drapal@avaya.com

Obviously, I do need to clean that up.  The old 0.9.7 Visual Studio
project files are still in the CVS and need to be deleted.  The ant
build script is used to build log4cxx and also generates Visual Studio
6 and .NET project files.  To generate the project files you need to
have the CVS version of cpptasks (http://ant-contrib.sourceforge.net),
so I will also need to get a release of that out the door before
log4cxx can be released.

Currently building log4cxx requires independently building Apache
Portable Runtime which itself is not trivial for Win32.  I'll work on
the build script to see if I can make it a one shot build using the Ant
tools (after you have placed cpptasks on the CLASSPATH).

The release would likely have the generated VS project files.

The JIRA appears to be down at the moment, but when it gets back up
I'll mark the Visual Studio build bug as a showstopper.