From Curt Arnold <carn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: timezone question
Date Tue, 18 Jan 2005 17:41:03 GMT
If the timezone is omitted, the default time zone will be used.  You
would only specify the timezone on an appender when you wanted to be
unaffected by the default timezone.

Timezone specification has been added to log4j, but in a slightly
different way.  Instead of timezone being a separate property of the
appender, it can be specified as the second parameter to the %d
conversion pattern.  For example, "%d{yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss}{GMT}Z %m %n"

Before 0.9.8, log4cxx will be modified to follow log4j's timezone
specification.  The JIRA issue is
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LOGCXX-49.