From Matt Funk <mf...@telus.net>
Subject custom appender & .properties file
Date Wed, 12 Jan 2005 22:53:36 GMT
Hello,

I've created a custom appender, CustomConsoleAppender, and built it into the
log4cxx library. It works fine if I add my appender to the root logger through
code.  However, when I add my appender to the .properties file, the appender
isn't created.

Another appender in the properties file works fine so I know the props file is
being read.

My properties file looks like this:
---
log4j.rootCategory=DEBUG, customConsoleAppender

log4j.appender.customConsoleAppender=org.apache.log4j.CustomConsoleAppender
log4j.appender.customConsoleAppender.Append=false
log4j.appender.customConsoleAppender.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
log4j.appender.customConsoleAppender.layout.ConversionPattern=[%t] %-5p %F(%L): %m%n
---

Any hints on what to do would be appreciated. Thanks!

Matt Funk