From Curt Arnold <carn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Problem using log4cxx on solaris 8
Date Fri, 05 Nov 2004 15:32:00 GMT

On Nov 5, 2004, at 7:23 AM, Madan, Hatinder wrote:

> Hello everybody,
> I have compiled the log4cxx and built the shared library on Solaris 8
> platform.
> While I link this library dynamically to build my executable, I see
> the following error:
>

> 1) How is the scope for the undefined symbols being resolved to
> __rwstd:: ??
> 2) Another thing I notice is that these functions (Interlocked*) occur
> only in 3 source files: condition.cpp, thread.cpp, objectimpl.cpp. The
> references in the last file objectimpl.cpp are to the functions
> Thread::Interlocked*. Hence, these are being resolved. In the other 2
> files, condition.cpp thread.cpp, whatever references exist (barring
> the definition of the member version of Thread class), they should've
> been EXCLUDED out by the pre-processor (controlled by pre-processor
> macros like HAVE_MS_THREAD) !!! I have duly defined the macro
> HAVE_PTHREAD.
>
> I would greatly appreciate your suggestions/ ideas on how to resolve
> this.
> Regards,
> Hatinder

We are currently in the process of migrating thread implementation to
Apache Portable Runtime (http://apr.apache.org) to reduce the number of
platform specific items in log4cxx.  Hopefully we will have a usable
APR-based build within the next week or so and a release shortly
thereafter.  Maybe somebody else has a workaround to get 0.9.7 compiled
and working for you to then.   I know that there were some Solaris
discussions previously, you might check the mailing list archives.