From Curt Arnold <curt.arn...@mac.com>
Subject RE: Is this project still alive
Date Fri, 19 Nov 2004 07:07:33 GMT
This is a reply to a query addressed to me personally, but I'm replying to the user mailing
list so that anybody else who wants to pitch in can help.

I think I'm going to have to grit out the APR conversion solo.  It is just a little too hard
to distribute and nobody stepped up before it got underway.  I've already committed the date
related changes, have the thread related changes in progress on my machine and will start
the Unicode changes after committing the thread changes.

If you have platform that you are particularly interested in, you could attempt to compile
APR (http://apr.apache.org) and report any issues to the apr-dev mailing list or on Bugzilla
(I'll monitor these also, but am not and don't desire to be an APR committer).  I suspect
that I will create an Ant build for APR at least to support Borland C++.

It would be great if someone could compare the test suite with the log4j test suite.  The
log4cxx tests I have looked at have been fairly straigtforward ports of the log4j tests, but
I have no idea if 10% or 90% of the log4j tests have been ported.