From Ceki Gülcü <c...@qos.ch>
Subject Re: Using Log4j Chainsaw v2 with log4cxx
Date Thu, 25 Nov 2004 18:12:09 GMT
At 06:51 PM 11/25/2004, you wrote:

>On Nov 25, 2004, at 1:16 AM, Anton Müller wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>I wanted to use Log4j Chainsaw v2 and write
>>to a socket with log4cxx 0.97 but I didnt get it
>>to work.
>>
>>Before I continue to check this I have some small questions:
>>
>>- Is "Log4j Chainsaw v2" usable with log4cxx or are there
>>   binary incompabilities with the
>>   serialized LoggingEvent in log4j/log4cxx?
>
>The current log4cxx serialized LoggingEvent is not binary compatible
>with log4j, this is reported as
>http://nagoya.apache.org/jira/browse/LOGCXX-7.

Cross language operation *never* worked with Java serialization, did
it? It's not a new problem, is it?

I wonder how difficult it would be to *efficiently* transmit
LoggingEvents over the wire, possibly in language neutral way.

--
Ceki Gülcü

  The complete log4j manual:  http://qos.ch/eclm
  Professional log4j support: http://qos.ch/log4jSupport