From Curt Arnold <carn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Problems with DailyRollingFileAppender
Date Tue, 23 Nov 2004 04:35:58 GMT
DailyRollingFileAppender has been deprecated in log4j for quite a
while.  The 0.9.7 implementation has problems and I have removed it
from the CVS and will not appear in 0.9.8.  The recommended replacement
is RollingFileAppender with a time-based strategy, however I have not
confirmed that log4cxx is feature equivalent with the log4j
implementation.

0.9.7 does not support java.text.SimpleDateFormat pattern strings
instead it uses strftime format strings.  The current CVS supports
SimpleDateFormat pattern strings and strftime format strings for
compatibility.  The 0.9.8 implementation uses APR's strftime which
doesn't support %Q for milliseconds.

I'm finally back home and hope can finish off the work for 0.9.8 in the
next few days.