From "Paul Nader" <Paul.Na...@telefonica.net>
Subject RE: SocketHubAppender client
Date Fri, 19 Nov 2004 19:52:48 GMT
Anton,

Thinking back to it I actually reported a fault in sockethubappender. Here is my email to
Michael... Maybe its still faulty?

Paul.

Hi Michaël,

I've been doing a bit more testing with log4cxx and noticed that sockethubappender didn't
seem to work. I investigated and found that the oosList was not been passed by reference to
the ServerMonitor. I made a diff of my changes in case you are interested:

bash-2.03$ diff net/sockethubappender.h /export/home3/pnader/log4cxx-0.9.7/include/log4cxx/net/sockethubappender.h
198c198
<                               std::vector<helpers::SocketOutputStreamPtr> oosList;
---

> std::vector<helpers::SocketOutputStreamPtr> &oosList;
210c210
<                               const std::vector<helpers::SocketOutputStreamPtr>&
oosList);
---

> std::vector<helpers::SocketOutputStreamPtr>& oosList);

bash-2.03$ diff sockethubappender.cpp /export/home3/pnader/log4cxx-0.9.7/src/sockethubappender.cpp
165c165
< SocketHubAppender::ServerMonitor::ServerMonitor(int port, const std::vector<helpers::SocketOutputStreamPtr>&
oosList)
---