From Diego Susa <ds...@cestel.es>
Subject Re: Problems building log4cxx 0.9.7 on Windows/CYGWIN
Date Mon, 18 Oct 2004 08:58:58 GMT
Thanks very MUCH for your reply Jwahar !

Your tip seems pretty helpful, but the fact is that I don't get to build the libraries under
CYGWIN, so I can't aplly what you suggest :-(

I keep having problems with tchar.h (the compiler doesn't know the "int64_t"
type). It happens when I compile with MinGW (under CYGWIN), and with Borland, so I'm googling
around to see if I learn something new about this type, it's header, and it's headaches ;-).

The fact is that my project canĀ“t wait any more to have this log library running, so in the
meantime it would be great if you could zip and email me just the binaries... I mean:

the dynamic library:      log4cxx.dll
& it's "import library":  liblog4cxx.a

I think if you built these two binaries on any Windows/x86 platform, with MinGW or CYGWIN
GCC, then I could successfully link them to my project with MinGW. I'll let the resolution
of Borland compilation to the future, cause Curt Arnold told me there would be an ant script
for Borland in future releases.

Thanks in advance for your kind help.
My email is: dsusa@cestel.es

Receive best regards,