From Curt Arnold <carn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: solaris - log4cxx compilation
Date Wed, 13 Oct 2004 15:55:51 GMT

On Oct 13, 2004, at 5:45 AM, Sebastian Gurgul wrote:

> Hello
> My configuration is:
> Solaris 8 Intel
> gcc 2.95.3
>
> I'm trying to compile log4cxx (0.9.7)...
> First I updated/installed: m4, libtool, autoconf, automake
> Than I run configure script: ./configure --prefix=$HOME/local
> --exec-prefix=$HOME/local
> And now, when i try to compile I get error:
>
> In file included from appenderattachableimpl.cpp:17:
> ../include/log4cxx/helpers/tchar.h:27: streambuf: No such file or
> directory
>
> Conclusion is easy... I'm changing #include<streambuf> to
> #include<streambuf.h>
> (I have also #include<sstream> in tchar.h)

#include <streambuf> should bring in the standard C++ library
implementation, #include <streambuf.h> would bring in a pre-standard
implementation.  Does that version of gcc not come with the standard
stream implementation?

> And now I have the real problem:)
>
> In file included from appenderattachableimpl.cpp:17:
> ../include/log4cxx/helpers/tchar.h:45: parse error before `&'
> ../include/log4cxx/helpers/tchar.h:54: parse error before `&'
> ../include/log4cxx/helpers/tchar.h:55: `Convert::int64ToString(...)'
> has already
> been declared in `Convert'
> ../include/log4cxx/helpers/tchar.h: In function `static void
> Convert::int64ToString(...)':
> ../include/log4cxx/helpers/tchar.h:50: `dst' undeclared (first use this
> function)
> etc. etc. etc.

tchar is an abomination and the source of all sorts of problems.
Hopefully it will be disappearing in the relatively near future.

I'm a Solaris newbie and would appreciate if anyone could given be a
reference to a "Getting started with Solaris for Linux Developers"
guide.  I've downloaded Solaris 10 x86 and had attempted to use it with
Microsoft Virtual PC but things just didn't seem to work right
(language CD appeared to be unformatted).  I'm going to install a
second hard drive one of my boxes for Solaris x86 and give it another
go.  My initial problem is getting gcc and the like installed.