From "Xiong, Wei (Wei)" <wxi...@lucent.com>
Subject RE: I degrade some softwares on my computer, and now I can build log4cxx on Solaris 9 x86 now. But...
Date Thu, 21 Oct 2004 02:41:53 GMT
I am using the following applications now:
automake 1.6.3
libtool 1.4.3
autoconf 2.5.9
m4 1.4.1

The error information seems be the same as I used to get when I have not
downgrade my automake and libtool. Maybe you need to uninstall your automake
and libtool and reinstall them. I am sorry for that I can not give you more
suggestion (after all, I know nearly nothing about autoconf and automake,
^_^).

Bill David
2004.10.21

-----Original Message-----
From: Barak Simon [mailto:barak.simon@db.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 21, 2004 10:19 AM
To: log4cxx-user@logging.apache.org
Subject: RE: I degrade some softwares on my computer, and now I can build
log4cxx on Solaris 9 x86 now. But...

I guess it has to do with the static DEBUG_KEY as explained by carnold.

BTW, I have a question for you as well:
I have downgraded my automake and libtool but still get similar errors to
the ones you had
when running autogen.sh.
Have you downgraded your autoconf and m4 as well?
I am using
autoconf (GNU Autoconf) 2.59, and
GNU m4 1.4.1
which are I think the original versions you used.

The errors I receive are attached below:

aclocal: configure.in: 32: macro `AM_PROG_LIBTOOL' not found in library
autoheader: error: AC_CONFIG_HEADERS not found in configure.in
configure.in:21: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_CONFIG_HEADER
      See the Autoconf documentation.
configure.in:27: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE
configure.in:32: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_PROG_LIBTOOL
configure.in:86: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_CONDITIONAL
configure.in:27: no proper implementation of AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE was found,
configure.in:27: probably because aclocal.m4 is missing...
configure.in:27: You should run aclocal to create this file, then
configure.in:27: run automake again.
configure.in: installing `./install-sh'
configure.in: installing `./mkinstalldirs'
configure.in: installing `./missing'
examples/Makefile.am: installing `./depcomp'
/home/simobar/sun4u/build/pkgs/automake-1.6.3/share/automake-1.6/am/depend2.
am: AMDEP does not appear in AM_CONDITIONAL
/home/simobar/sun4u/build/pkgs/automake-1.6.3/share/automake-1.6/am/depend2.
am: AMDEP does not appear in AM_CONDITIONAL
/home/simobar/sun4u/build/pkgs/automake-1.6.3/share/automake-1.6/am/depend2.
am: AMDEP does not appear in AM_CONDITIONAL
/home/simobar/sun4u/build/pkgs/automake-1.6.3/share/automake-1.6/am/lang-com
pile.am: AMDEP does not appear in AM_CONDITIONAL

PS - The script does complete, but then running "configure" fails.
(i.e. ./configure: line 1439: syntax error near unexpected token
`AM_CONFIG_HEADER(include/log4cxx/config_auto.h)'
./configure: line 1439: `AM_CONFIG_HEADER(include/log4cxx/config_auto.h)')

Insights (from anyone) would be most welcome,
Thanks,
Barak

Barak Simon
GED IT Core Platform