From Curt Arnold <carn...@houston.rr.com>
Subject Re: I degrade some softwares on my computer, and now I can build log4 cxx on Solaris 9 x86 now. But...
Date Wed, 20 Oct 2004 14:20:04 GMT

On Oct 20, 2004, at 5:03 AM, Xiong, Wei (Wei) wrote:

> Hello, everybody,
> I degrade my automake from 1.9.2 to 1.6.3, and libtool from 1.5.10 to
> 1.4.3.
> This time, I successfully build log4cxx-0.9.7 on Solaris 9 x86.
> (Although I
> already build one by writing a makefile for it, ^_^.).
> But when I build and run a demo program with it, I got the following
> error
> message:
>
> david@billdavid>log4cxxtest test.properties
> You have tried to set a null level to root.
> Segmentation Fault(coredump)

That is known problem with 0.9.7 and still exists in the CVS, though
not for much longer.  The "set a null level to root" is due to use of
log4cxx::Level::DEBUG in the constructor for the LoggerHierarchy when
there is no guarantee that log4cxx::Level::DEBUG will have been
constructed by that time.  The segmentation fault is likely due to a
similar cause, though it would be good to get a stack trace if you have
it.