From "Barak Simon" <barak.si...@db.com>
Subject Buffering Questions
Date Wed, 15 Sep 2004 03:07:21 GMT
Hi,
The following questions are about FileAppender and AsyncAppender buffering:

1. I found an example of how to configure the FileAppender to buffer the logging events:

    <param name="ImmediateFlush" value="false"/>
    <param name="BufferedIO" value="true"/>

    (a) What's the difference between buffering and not-flushing (are there 4 distinct combinations
I can configure?)
    (b) Is there a way to configure the buffer size? (from script that is)

2. I could not find an example in the log4cxx side (there might be one on the java side) of
how to configure the buffer size
    for the async appender.
    (And in general, is there a place where one can find the complete dtd in use?)

Many thanks,
Barak

Barak Simon
GED IT Core Platform