From Curt Arnold <carn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: BUG: log4cxx-0.9.7 static lib compile error on MSVC 6
Date Wed, 01 Sep 2004 17:39:34 GMT
It is a known issue which has been resolved in the CVS version, see
http://nagoya.apache.org/jira/browse/LOGCXX-8.

Basically the signatures for the InterlockedMethods changed in the
Platform SDK sometime between VC6 and VC7.  If you are getting this
error, you are most likely using VC6 with a later Platform SDK.  In
0.9.7, the value of _MSC_VER was used to determine whether the old
style or new style signatures were used.  However, this assumes that if
you are using VC6, you are also using the header files included with
VC6.  In the current CVS, there is a preprocessor macro which allows
you to explicitly specify whether the old style interlocks are used.

The simplest way to get 0.9.7 to compile is to remove the later
Platform SDK from your include path.