From Curt Arnold <carn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: SocketServer (+ Appender's Threshold)
Date Wed, 22 Sep 2004 00:01:22 GMT
There is a closed bug relating to setting the threshold of an appender,
http://nagoya.apache.org/jira/browse/LOGCXX-12.  The bug has been
marked fixed,  but within the last month.  Are you seeing the behavior
with the CVS version or with 0.9.7?

> Thanks for the swift reply.
>
>> Legally speaking I don't know if you can mix code which is Apache
>> Licenced and some closed source code. I think other people on the list
>> will be able to tell (which will make sense, of course, only if your
>> code is closed source).
>
> How then using the log4cxx code/classes to log messages within your
> own code is different
> than rebuilding the simplesocketserver with extended levels? (In any
> case, anyone
> is most welcome to use my extended levels...)

Hopefully the Apache license is sufficiently clear that you can make
your own determination.  However, giving an opinion if a particular use
is allowable might make some people think that we are pretending to be
lawyers.

Details on the Apache License is available at
http://www.apache.org/licenses/,
http://www.apache.org/foundation/preFAQ.html#licence, and
http://www.apache.org/foundation/licence-FAQ.html.