From Curt Arnold <carn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Log4cxx obliterates the TZ setting...
Date Wed, 01 Sep 2004 17:56:38 GMT
I had noticed the potential for the problem and logged it as
http://nagoya.apache.org/jira/browse/LOGCXX-11.  Thanks for confirming
that is actually a problem.  My suspicion is that gmtime or gmtime_r is
not adequate since log4cxx may need to format times to a time-zone
other than the current time zone.  However, it might be an optimization
if the timezone for the layout and the current timezone are the same.
I guess the first thing is to at least reset the value of TZ to the
initial value after collecting time zone offsets.