From Christophe de VIENNE <cdevie...@alphacent.com>
Subject Re: SocketServer
Date Tue, 21 Sep 2004 17:17:04 GMT
Barak Simon wrote:

>Thanks Christophe,
>I suspected as much - I guess for the interim we'll use different servers for C++ and
Java.

>I do have some other problem, however, having to do with the fact that I subclassed the
Level class
>adding two lower levels (MICRO & NANO) which, of course, are not identified by the
C++ server.

>When these logging events get to the server it outputs:
>"Class 'LevelExt4cxx' not found Level deserialization failed, reverting to default."
>
>Do I have to re-build the SimpleSocketServer with my class?

I think so

>How easy is this?

Technicaly, quite much :-)
Just add a .cpp file with your classes to simplesocketserver_SOURCES in
simplesocketserver/Makefile.am, and rebuild the binary.

Legally speaking I don't know if you can mix code which is Apache
Licenced and some closed source code. I think other people on the list
will be able to tell (which will make sense, of course, only if your
code is closed source).

>Another thing I tried is thresholding the socket appender on the client side to only send
INFO and above,
>but it does not seem to work. Are Appender level thresholds unsupported at present?

I don't know. You may try to have a look to the source code.

Regards,

Christophe