From Mike SG <mike_bo...@yahoo.com>
Subject Question regarding FileAppender...
Date Fri, 10 Sep 2004 20:46:21 GMT

Hi,

I compiled successfully the log4cxx on solaris and I am trying to run a small example which
uses FileAppender. Our project is a multi process system. So I created a small example which
has 2 processes writing to a file. I used the FileAppender for this. But when I see the output
I see that it not process safe. The output is mixed up. Does this works only for threads in
a single application.

Have I done something wrong? Can I use fileappender in a multiprocess application? Do I need
to set something?

What options do I have?

Can somebody please help me on this.

Thanks a lot,