From Curt Arnold <carn...@houston.rr.com>
Subject Re: SocketServer (+ Appender's Threshold)
Date Wed, 22 Sep 2004 02:35:32 GMT

On Sep 21, 2004, at 8:04 PM, Barak Simon wrote:

> Do you know if there are any immediate plans to release a new version?

I don't believe so.  I don't think the current state is a good spot for
a release.  There are significant unresolved issues (resetting the user
specified time zone and the segmentation fault) that do not require an
API change and the Unicode related changes that will require an API
change (but will be mostly source code compatible).  The options would
be to have another release with bug fixes that do not require an API
change, then start the Unicode work, or skip the interim release.  I
don't know about the other developers, but right now I'm on deadline on
another project but expect to be able to put in some significant time
within a few weeks.  However, once I'm able to dedicate some time, I'd
hate to stop to get a release solid before tackling the Unicode rework.