From "Barak Simon" <barak.si...@db.com>
Subject Solaris issue solved (at last!)
Date Wed, 18 Aug 2004 06:29:57 GMT
Hi Michael,

I found the bug in the PropertyConfigurator which caused me so much grieve the last couple
of days
(this should probably go to the dev list, but I am too lazy to register there...)

It seems that there is a bug in old enough CC compiler versions (5.3 and lower I guess) in
the ternary operator,
so that implicit conversions of third parameter (assuming the second one was the route taken
in the condition...)
cause destructor to be called twice (once for the legit second object and once for the implicitly
converted one).

You may find further details on this at:

http://forum.sun.com/thread.jsp?forum=5&thread=18252

The good news is that you can easily get rid of the bug by explicit conversion of _T("null")
to String(_T("null"))
in line 317 of propertyconfigurator.cpp
(for some reason you did that in DOMConfigurator already, so no problem there).

Please let me know if/when you are fixing it, as I am not sure how easy it is for me to convince
our sysadmin
to install the required SunOS patch...

All the best,
Barak