From "Barak Simon" <barak.si...@db.com>
Subject RE: Building under Windows with command-line
Date Wed, 18 Aug 2004 06:47:19 GMT

Thanks! - seems to work fine for me.

BTW - do you know (or anyone else) by any chance in which windows library the NT eventlogging
methods are defined?
I seem to have the WinBase.h header file with these methods signatures, but justifiably have
linking problems when compiling
the nteventlogappender since there is no library in SDK that seems to implement them...

(In the interim, I built it without that appender, but it would be nice be able to build it
with it)

Thanks again,
Barak
________________________
Barak Simon
GED IT Core Platform
190 George St. Sydney, 2000
Phone +61 2 925 85070
Fax      +61 2 925 95050

                      bammi@memento-inc

                      .com                     To:       log4cxx-user@logging.apache.org

                                               cc:

                      17/08/2004 12:50         Subject:  RE: Building under Windows with command-line

                      Please respond to

                      log4cxx-user

> Is there a simple way to build the log4cxx for Windows .NET 2003 using its
> (free) command-line compiler?
> It may take some time until I can get an IDE license, so if there is, it >
> would be most helpful.

You can get the free visual studio express edition with ide and all from
here
http://lab.msdn.microsoft.com/express/visualc/default.aspx

cheers,
bammi@memento-inc.com