From Sven A.Schmidt <...@abstracture.de>
Subject Re: SIGSEGV on log4cxx initialisation
Date Fri, 27 Aug 2004 11:11:33 GMT
On 27.08.2004, at 12:36, Stoyan Damov wrote:

> Yes Tom, thanks. I suspect that too, I was just making a point that one
> should follow the API docs and common C++ sense instead of ranting ;)

Well, I didn't intend to rant... The API docs on

<http://logging.apache.org/log4cxx/manual/Introduction.html>

show the usage that's causing the crash ("LoggerPtr logger =
Logger::getLogger(_T("com.foo"));"), as does the included example I
mentioned ("delayedloop" or similar).

Logger::getLogger is a static method. I think it's fair to assume that
a static method can be safely called.

I didn't mean to bash the project or attack anyone.

Sven