From "Combes, Chris M." <chris.com...@ngc.com>
Subject Logging Configuration Across DLL Boundary
Date Mon, 23 Aug 2004 20:23:56 GMT
Folks,

I have an application which configures my logging system through a ProperyConfigurator. The
application instantiates objects which are implemented in external DLLs. When instantiation
occurs (e.g. in the constructor of whatever object) the logging configuration is lost. I can
get around this by loading the configuration file again within each object, but I should not
have to do this.

It looks like whatever log4cxx configuration I use does not carry over across the DLL boundary.

Is this intended behavior? Or is there some special method to get the configuration to carry
forward into objets instantiated within a separate DLL?

I'm developing under MSVC++ 6.0.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,
Chris