From "Eric Rosenquist" <e...@rosenquist.com>
Subject RE: Compiler Warnings
Date Mon, 16 Aug 2004 17:59:16 GMT
> When using the log4cxx libraries in a VisualStudio project, I
> am getting 3 warnings in tchar.h:
>
> include\log4cxx\helpers\tchar.h(263) : warning C4244: 'argument' :
> conversion from '__w64 int' to 'std::streamoff', possible loss of data

In general it means there's a chance you could truncate a value.  In
practice you'd have to know if the types might actually hold 64 bit
values to know if you need to worry.

Visual Studio .NET has such warnings enabled by default.  If you don't
want to see them, go to Project / Properties and turn off "Detect 64-bit
Portability Issues" in the C/C++ General settings.

Eric