From Curt Arnold <carn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Memory leaks?
Date Sat, 14 Aug 2004 04:56:51 GMT

On Aug 13, 2004, at 9:44 AM, Christophe de VIENNE wrote:
> Any idea/suggestion welcome,

Not directly on point, but I had a couple of random, unconsidered
thoughts related to threads that I'd like to throw out if anyone is
going to be digging into to this.

1. Apache Portable Runtime (http://apr.apache.org) provides a C
threading API.  Thought it probably isn't desirable to require APR
especially just for threading, it might be good to support it as a
threading option to support rarer platforms.

2. The CriticalSection instance in log4cxx::helpers::ObjectImpl causes
config.h to be expanded for the abstract classes in public API.
Isolating implementation details from the client API would require
removing the CriticalSection from the abstract base class and
reintroducing it in the concrete implementation classes. perhaps via
templating and/or macros.