From Michaël CATANZARITI <mca...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Logging Configuration Across DLL Boundary
Date Tue, 24 Aug 2004 21:52:13 GMT
Hello,
Can you be more precise and give code samples, please ?

Regards,

Combes, Chris M. wrote:
> Folks,
>
> I have an application which configures my logging system through a ProperyConfigurator.
The application instantiates objects which are implemented in external DLLs. When instantiation
occurs (e.g. in the constructor of whatever object) the logging configuration is lost. I can
get around this by loading the configuration file again within each object, but I should not
have to do this.

> It looks like whatever log4cxx configuration I use does not carry over across the DLL
boundary.

> Is this intended behavior? Or is there some special method to get the configuration to
carry forward into objets instantiated within a separate DLL?

--
Michaël CATANZARITI
log4cxx project manager