From Michaël CATANZARITI <mca...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Solaris issue solved (at last!)
Date Wed, 18 Aug 2004 06:49:56 GMT
Hi Barak,

That's good news !

I just committed your fix in the CVS repository.

Thank you for your contribution.

Reagrds,

Barak Simon wrote:
> Hi Michael,
>
> I found the bug in the PropertyConfigurator which caused me so much grieve the last couple
of days
> (this should probably go to the dev list, but I am too lazy to register there...)
>
> It seems that there is a bug in old enough CC compiler versions (5.3 and lower I guess)
in the ternary operator,
> so that implicit conversions of third parameter (assuming the second one was the route
taken in the condition...)
> cause destructor to be called twice (once for the legit second object and once for the
implicitly converted one).

> You may find further details on this at:
>
> http://forum.sun.com/thread.jsp?forum=5&thread=18252
>
> The good news is that you can easily get rid of the bug by explicit conversion of _T("null")
to String(_T("null"))
> in line 317 of propertyconfigurator.cpp
> (for some reason you did that in DOMConfigurator already, so no problem there).
>
> Please let me know if/when you are fixing it, as I am not sure how easy it is for me
to convince our sysadmin
> to install the required SunOS patch...
>
> All the best,
> Barak
>
> ________________________
> Barak Simon
> GED IT Core Platform
> 190 George St. Sydney, 2000
> Phone +61 2 925 85070
> Fax      +61 2 925 95050
>

> --
>
> This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the
intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error) please notify the sender immediately
and destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the material
in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.

--
Michaël CATANZARITI
log4cxx project manager