From Maarten Boekhold <boekh...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: linking against static library of log4cxx
Date Mon, 02 Aug 2004 15:43:15 GMT

--- Maarten Boekhold <boekhold@yahoo.com> wrote:

> --- Michael CATANZARITI <mcatan@free.fr> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Does it work, if you use the dunamic log4cxx library (liblog4cxx.so) under
> > cygwin ?
>
> I assume it would, but I haven't tested this. I have no need for a dynamic

Hmmm, fresh CVS checkout, on cygwin no dynamic library is build at all!

./autogen.sh
./configure
make
ls src/.libs

This does not show any shared library. 'make install' doesn't produce any
either...

Is this a bug? Does the same happen on other platforms? Is it possible at all
to link an executable statically against log4cxx (specifically on cygwin)?

Maarten