From Curt Arnold <carn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: win32 and UNICODE
Date Mon, 23 Aug 2004 21:18:43 GMT

On Aug 23, 2004, at 3:28 PM, Sean Rohead wrote:

> I'm trying to use log4cxx in a win32 Unicode project and am having some
> difficulties.  If I don't #define UNICODE, the log4cxx::String is a
> basic_string<char> (because windows uses _UNICODE).  If I do #define
> UNICODE, then I get:

There are some pretty serious deficiencies with the UNICODE
implementation which I've been assigned to rework.  The bug for this
work is http://nagoya.apache.org/jira/browse/LOGCXX-10.  Reviewing that
bug should get you up to speed on the discussion so far.

I believe the trick to get the current implementation to work is to
force the Windows Platform SDK's version of tchar.h to be included
before including log4cxx/logger.h.