From "Barak Simon" <barak.si...@db.com>
Subject Trying to Install/Build log4cxx on Solaris
Date Sun, 25 Jul 2004 23:30:01 GMT
Hi,
I am trying to install log4cxx on Solaris, but get a great number of errors while running
autogen.sh

The first error I get is:
ERROR: Reading inserted file: No such file or directory
autom4te: /usr/local/bin/m4 failed with exit status: 1

and it is being generated while "aclocal" is being invoked.

I have re-installed all the latest versions of autoconf (2.59), automake (1.8.5), libtool
(1.5.6) & m4 (1.4.1)
into a local directory and use them (BTW - it seems from the error message that m4 is searched
in /usr/local/bin, despite the fact that my path is explicitly pointed to my local m4 version).

I gather from the release notes that version 0.9.7, though not tested on Solaris, can be compiled
on it - is this correct?
If so, what could I be doing wrong?
PS - I would be happy to use a pre-prepared configure file for Solaris if someone has one
:)

Many thanks,
Barak

in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.