From "Barak Simon" <barak.si...@db.com>
Subject RE: Trying to Install/Build log4cxx on Solaris
Date Fri, 30 Jul 2004 07:55:26 GMT

Thank you for the help Jwahar!
I did succeed building it using your entire tree.

Alas, I am enforced to link the resulting libraries into CC generated libraries, and since
gcc and CC name mangling are incommensurate with one another,
I really must find a way to build using CC.

I tried doing CXX=CC but got errors - has anyone on the list had success with building the
logging
library using CC (on Solaris)?
If so, what version of CC and are any special preliminary steps required?

Thanks,
Barak

________________________
Barak Simon
GED IT Core Platform
190 George St. Sydney, 2000
Phone +61 2 925 85070
Fax      +61 2 925 95050

                      bammi@memento-inc

                      .com                     To:       log4cxx-user@logging.apache.org

                                               cc:

                      28/07/2004 01:01         Subject:  RE: Trying to Install/Build log4cxx
on Solaris
                      Please respond to

                      log4cxx-user

Barak,
I put my entire tree, tar'ed and compressed on our ftp server
Login as user 'anonymous' with any string as passwd
Set BINARY mode (bin command)
And download logSolaris.tar.gz

ftp memento-inc.com
Connected to memento-inc.com.
220 Microsoft FTP Service
User (memento-inc.com:(none)): anonymous
331 Anonymous access allowed, send identity (e-mail name) as password.
Password:
230 Anonymous user logged in.
ftp> dir
200 PORT command successful.
150 Opening ASCII mode data connection for /bin/ls.
-r-xr-xr-x   1 owner    group        13632193 Jul 27 10:52 logSolaris.tar.gz
226 Transfer complete.
ftp: 78 bytes received in 0.02Seconds 3.90Kbytes/sec.

Jwahar Bammi
Memento, Inc.
bammi@memento-inc.com